Saturday, September 6, 2014

Late Night Special

A new life. A new start. Gives us all an excuse to think we will sin less and provide more. Here, all I need is love letters of Winter knocking on these doors and making me cold through these nights without you. How snow would melt on my skin if yours was near mine. And all these words would make far more sense if only we tried. My selfish self has been growing out of me, making way for more emotional interaction I never found as necessary. For if I can give love and affection to a human only two days old, I might be ready to make you feel welcome in my heart. The ice melts, and with it heats the rest of my body. In this hour, of another sleepless night, I want you to feel my heartbeat when you think of me, and how it jumps and brings color to my cheeks the closer we are. Mold mine, as I would yours, because these bodies are not here to stand alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment