Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sweet Sweet Fall

What is sleep? To me nothing more than a collection of nightmares that bring you the feeling of tired once you wake. 
Why won't the leaves fall here? Is there no cold rain to give me chills on a Fall night, where darkness reaches its peak before the cars head home from work.  If only the wind would smell different, and boots could come of use. Maybe then is when the option of being fulfilled comes to life. Time is wasted every night without your cloud above my head. And the bed feels lonely when there is no warmth to be reached. 
Oh, my cold heart, are you over the winter?
Is it not time to freeze over and break, or melt at least;
I have much to feel, less to show,
And if it were worth anything I would lay down ,
down, if it would mean eternal sleep full of dreams that make my head spin of ache.
Don't fall into it,
Feel whatever is right for your heart, and that is what might be the guide for this very night.
Sleep tight my dear, or you will feel my ghost haunt you when I pass my light in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment