Thursday, September 11, 2014

More Darkness To Scare You

What is it about the darkness of classical music that brings me joy? I fear horror and yet I find myself listening to symphonies with haunting melodies; and yes, I am in love with them. 
If you read any of this, fear would flash upon those eyes. I turn even the greatest joy into a tragic tune. Not because I am sad inside, but rather because it feels better to look to the opposite end of my emotions, and pull them out with clamps. You won't even feel a thing, unless you listen carefully. Example being me listening to Beethoven and hearing the pianist breathing while playing the tragic composition. You can feel how powerful it made him feel, sitting on his throne, sliding his fingers upon a black Yamaha. Nothing but one light, pointed to his hands, and his face hidden with the darkness. It feels as though it blends perfectly with the velvet curtains behind him, and the curtains move with the air flow of this audiotorium; just enough for you to come near it and watch it dance to his song. Now that is power.
Should I be the one? Should I fear how I feel? I might be moving too fast or far too slow, if only I understood him enough to judge emotions with my lack of knowledge. I promise to let you feel any way you wish to feel, as long as you feel something. And as long as it is felt towards me and my heart made of glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment